JAN SHIKSHAN SANSTHAN GAYA
|Unique Id of VO/NGO||BR/2016/0102938|
|Registered With||Registrar of Societies|
|Type of NGO||Registered Societies (Non-Government)|
|Copy of Registration Certificate||Available|
|Copy of Pan Card||Available|
|Act name||21, 1860|
|City of Registration||GAYA|
|State of Registration||BIHAR|
|Date of Registration||24-08-1995|
|Name||Designation||Pan Card||Aadhaar Card|
Sector/ Key Issues
|Key Issues||Nutrition,Panchayati Raj,Vocational Training,Women's Development & Empowerment,Youth Affairs,|
|FCRA Available||FCRA Registration no.|
|Not Available||Not Available|
Details of Achievements
|Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Gaya & its Special Achievements
The Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Gaya (Institute of Peopleâ€™s Education) formerly known as Shramik Vidyapeeth, Gaya is a polyvalent or multi-faceted adult education programme sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India aimed at improving the vocational skills and quality of life of the target group. The objective of the scheme is Educational Vocational and Occupational Development of Non-literates, Neo literates and persons having rudimentry level of education.
The Shramik Vidyapeeth, Gaya (now renamed as Jan Shkshan Gaya) was established in August , 1995 under the aegis of the Bihar Educational Development Society, Gaya a Registered voluntary organisation under the Societies Registration Act 21, 1860 (Regn. No. 714/95-96) working in the field of vocational courses for socio-economic development of the deprived & weaker section of the target group of Gaya District. The Ministry of HRD, Got. of India Department of Education vide its letter no. F.5-39/93-D-III(AE) dated 24th July, 1995 accorded its sanction for establishment of Shramik Vidyapeeth, Gaya.
It was inaugurated on 02.03.96 by Honâ€™ble Sri Pranab Mukherjee, then Union Minister of External Affairs & Deputy Chairman Planning Commission, Govt. of India.
Our Special Achievement
1. Publication of Success Stories in the Publication of DAE, MHRD, Govt. of India
2. Organisation of Workshops, Seminars, Exhibition â€“ cum- sale Mela at Country, State and District level on important National and Social Ocassions under collaboration of Govt. Agencies as well as NGOs.
3. Vocational Training in different courses to the women prisoners of Cenrtral Jail, Gaya
4. Vocational Training Programme for the special target group of Army Service personnel and their wards.
5. JSS Production Centre for the Income Generation Programme for the Ex-an present beneficiaries of JSS, Gaya
6. JSS women helpline
7. Accredition from National Institute of Open Schooling, Govt. of India in eight different vocational courses for vocational training of the beneficiaries.
8. Organisation of Health Camp
9. Organisation of Lok Aadalat for Legal Awareness among Women and their empowerment.
Our above mentioned out standing activities were observed by the officials of DAE , MHRD, Govt. of India, Social Workers Intellactual and Offic ials at State & district level positive observations made us capable to submit our candidature for the NLM UNESCO Award 2008. After going through the details of our programme and activities, the Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD recognised it as our outstanding contribution to the Adult Education Programme in Gaya District in the State of Bihar. And theirfore, Jan Shikshan Sansthan, Gaya had been awarded NLM UNESCO Award by the Honâ€™ble President of India Smt. Pratibhadevi Singh Patil in the year 2008 which was received by then Chairperson of JSS, Gaya Smt. Renuka Palit.
Source of Funds
|Department Name||Source||Finacial Year||Amount Sanctioned||Purpose|
|Address||56 GB ROAD GAYA -823001 (BIHAR)|