Gyang Gon Welfare Association
|Unique Id of VO/NGO||AR/2016/0111421|
|Registered With||Registrar of Societies|
|Type of NGO||Registered Societies (Non-Government)|
|Copy of Registration Certificate||Available|
|Copy of Pan Card||Available|
|Act name||The Societies Registration Act 1960|
|City of Registration||Tawang|
|State of Registration||ARUNACHAL PRADESH|
|Date of Registration||02-04-2004|
|Name||Designation||Pan Card||Aadhaar Card|
Sector/ Key Issues
|Key Issues||Aged/Elderly,Art & Culture,Education & Literacy,Environment & Forests,Tribal Affairs,|
|FCRA Available||FCRA Registration no.|
|Not Available||Not Available|
Details of Achievements
|Gyang-Gon Welfare Association was established in 2004 and developed into a residential school on proper lines based on modern education system into the framework of traditional education system of the monastery. It was established to impart monastic as well as modern education to the nun students. The following major activities of Gyang-Gon Welfare Association as follow:
1. Established a residential school for the education of nun students, where basic education is imparted free of cost.
2. Conducted various workshops and seminars on the preservation and promotion the rich cultural heritage of the region which face various challenges for survival in todayâ€™s fast changing world.
3. Imparted traditional monastic education to younger resident nuns with a balance incorporation of modern languages and scientific knowledge with objective of producing erudite scholars and philosophers who are capable of preserving and carrying on the ancient cultural heritages of the region in the context of modern day situation.
4. Prepared students for higher learning and research in the field of the Buddhist Culture, Tibetology and Himalayan Studies, art and culture with adequate background in various disciplines of learning, with thorough knowledge of modern research and advanced technique.
5. Inculcated awareness in the preservation of environment and cultural resources of the region.
6. Inculcated deep feeling of patriotism, national integrity, brotherhood, and developing a greater sense of harmony in the country.
7. Produced ideal citizens who work for the development of the nation and its citizens.
8. Made full utilization of modern scientific and technological resources in preserving and promoting the age old wisdom of India for the benefit of entire sentient beings as a whole and Schedule Tribes community in particular.
9. Provided free medical treatments to the monk patients along with needy patients belonging to poor family background.
10. Planted saplings around the nunnery and other vulnerable locations to prevent landslides and other natural calamities.
11. Conducted cleanliness drive at important public buildings such as schools, hospitals and market areas as a part of Swacch Bharat Abhiyan.
Source of Funds
|Department Name||Source||Finacial Year||Amount Sanctioned||Purpose|
|Address||Gyang-Gon Welfare Association
C/O Gyangong Nunnery
P.O. & P.S. Tawang